Given two triangles PQR and MNS with . Are the two triangles RPQ and MNS similar ? If yes, by which rule? Explain your Answer..
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
If we match the information given we see that the sides of the two triangles are proportional, but to have the required triangles to be similar we must have the corresponding sides of RPQ and MNS Proportional. If we check the given information, We have .
But if we must have triangles RPQ and MNS similar, then we must have which is not the given ratio.
So we can conclude that even though the sides of the given triangles are in proportion, the corresponding sides of triangles , RPQ and MNS are not proportional Hence the triangles RPQ and MNS are not similar.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- One day Rahul decided to measure the height of the building in his locality. He is 5 feet tall. He places a mirror on the ground and moves until he can see the top of the building. At the instant when Rahul is 2 feet from the mirror, the building is 48 feet from the mirror. Find 1. The Height of the building. (A.120, B.96, C.40, D.180)
- A right circular cone is divide by a plane parallel to its base into two equal volume.In what ratio the height of the cone be devided by the plane?
- If triangle abc and triangle dbc are on the same base bc with ab=dc and ac=db, then state the one to one correspondence between the vertices. Pls ans this question
- If the areas of two similar triangles, ∆PQR and ∆XYZ are 162sq.cm and 200sq.cm respectively. Find the ratio of their perimeters.
- Please solve this question
- Given two triangles ABC and DEF with , .Are the two triangles similar ? If yes, by which rule? Explain
- Given a triangle and a trapezium as shown in the figure such that Area(trapezium) = 15(Area(triangle)).Find the ratio of the .
- Given triangle ABC with BE and DC as perpendiculars to AC and AB respectively. Prove that .
- Given that AB = 6 cm,PQ = 7 cm , = ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number