give briefly the difference between concave and convex lens
Asked by Amber Tanweer | 2nd Dec, 2013, 07:29: PM
1) It has both surfaces curving inwards.
2) It is thicker at edges and thinner at middle.
3) It diverges the light coming towards it.
4) Its focal length is negative.
5) It always produces a virtual image.
1) It has both surfaces curving outwards.
2) It is thicker at middle and thinner at the edges.
3) It converges the light coming towards it.
4) Its focal length is positive.
5) It always produces a real image and forms a virtual image only when the object is between the focus and optical centre.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 2nd Dec, 2013, 07:42: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number