Discuss some disadvantages of using common names.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Common names vary from region to region, hence the names of one region cannot be understood by people in other parts of the world. Also, the same common name may be used for different animals. All this will lead to great chaos in identifying different organisms.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what is the latin name of cow?
- What is hunah scientific name?
- How does the writing of scientific names in binomial nomenclature differ in print and when written by hand?
- Discuss any two advantages of binomial nomenclature.
- Identify the genus and species of the following organisms. Triticum aestivum (wheat) Panthera leo (lion) Pisum sativum (pea)
- What common feature can be deduced from the names of the 2 animals - Equus cabalus (horse) and Equus asinus(ass)?
- Identify the genus and species name in the scientific name of coconut, Cocos nucifera . How did you do the identification?
- Class - Mammalia - Order - Primates-Family - Hominidae Genus - Homo -Species - sapiens From this information, deduce the scientific name of humans.
- What is bionomial system of nomenclature?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number