Discuss any two advantages of binomial nomenclature.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
i. Due to binomial nomenclature, every living organism has a distinct and unique scientific name. This helps in their easy identification and classification.
ii. An organism can be identified by its scientific name in any part of the world. There is no confusion due to differences in languages, since binomial nomenclature uses Latin names.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what is the latin name of cow?
- What is hunah scientific name?
- How does the writing of scientific names in binomial nomenclature differ in print and when written by hand?
- Discuss some disadvantages of using common names.
- Identify the genus and species of the following organisms. Triticum aestivum (wheat) Panthera leo (lion) Pisum sativum (pea)
- What common feature can be deduced from the names of the 2 animals - Equus cabalus (horse) and Equus asinus(ass)?
- Identify the genus and species name in the scientific name of coconut, Cocos nucifera . How did you do the identification?
- Class - Mammalia - Order - Primates-Family - Hominidae Genus - Homo -Species - sapiens From this information, deduce the scientific name of humans.
- What is bionomial system of nomenclature?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number