Asked by sukhjeet.singh86n | 25th Oct, 2021, 10:08: AM
Physical quantities are classified as fundamental quantities and derived quantities.
Fundamental quantities are expressed by itself , whereas derived quantities are expressed in terms of fundmental quantities .
For example length , mass , time are fundamental quantities .
Dimension of length is symbolised as L . Dimension of mass is symbolised as M and dimension of time is symbolised as S
Whereas speed which distance per time is derived quantity because speed is expressed in terms of length and time.
Since speed is distance divided by time, speed has dimension of L/S or L S-1
Density which is mass per unit volume is derived quantity because density is expresses in terms of mass and volume
( volume is expressed in terms of lengths )
Dimension of density is M L-3
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 25th Oct, 2021, 12:13: PM
- two satellites of a planet have period 32 day and 256 days if the radius of orbit of former is R, find the orbital radius of the letter
- weight of the body is zero in free fall why?
- my doubt is the value of G is 60673multiply10-11power but why we use some no in some different numericals like use of 6.6, some times 6.7 why please ans this ques now 🙏
- Find the force of gravitational attraction between the earth (m = 6 x 1024 kg) and 80 kg man if he is standing at sea level. The distance of man from earth's center is 6.38 x 106 m.
- a stone is released from the top of the tower of height 19.6 m calculate its final velocity just before touching the ground
- what is gravitation
- how does the force of gravitation between two objects change when the distance between them is reduced to half
- The gravitation force between two bodies varies with distance r as
- If two bodies of masses 2 kg and 4 kg are separated by 10 m, the gravitational force of attraction between them is _____N. (a) 5.336 10-12 (b) 23.29 x 10–13 (c) 9.324 x 10-10 (d) 9.45 x 10-15
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number