Derive lens formula for concave lens and state lens formula.
Asked by polyrelation | 15th Mar, 2019, 04:40: PM
Let AB represent an object placed at right angles to the principal axis at a distance greater than the focal length f of the convex lens. The image A1B1 is formed between O and F1 on the same side as the object is kept and the image is erect and virtual.
OF1 = Focal length = f
OA = Object distance = u
OA1 = Image distance = v
But from the ray diagram we see that OC = AB
From equation (1) and equation (2), we get
Dividing throughout by uvf
Answered by Ankit K | 15th Mar, 2019, 07:26: PM
- a person can see up to 1m the nature n power of which will enable him tosee things at 3m
- ifany body dare tell this sum answer and post it.
- Derive lens formula for concave lens and state lens formula.
- An equiconex lens of power p is cut into two equal halves by a plane perpendicular to its principal axis . The power of its halves will be ?
- please solve the question in the picture.
- The refractive index of concave lens is 1.2. This lens is immersed in a liquid of refractive index 1.4. Explain the behavior of the lens.
- Suppose a lens has different radii of curvature, it forms an image of an object placed on its axis. If we reverse the lens will the position of the image of the object change?
- There is a convex air bubble in a tank of water. State its behavior as a lens.
- A pin placed 40 cm from a lens forms an image on a screen placed at 80 cm on the other side of the lens. Determine the type of lens, focal length of lens.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number