Can we seperate sugar and sand whereas both will not be solid ?
Asked by Jeevanshu | 21st Oct, 2017, 12:29: PM
First add water to the mixture of sugar and sand.
Sugar is soluble in water. Sand will remain insoluble in water.
Filter it, residue left in the filter paper is sand while filtrate contains soluble sugar.
Crystallise sugar from sugar solution.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 11th Dec, 2017, 04:31: PM
- What is meant by condensation
- what is distillation ?
- Explain Threshing and Winnowing with example
- How can we separate oil,sugar and water from their mixture?
- Oil mixture in water so what they make
- Where is winnowing process used?
- Why do we need to separate different components of a mixture?
- Which process is used to separate husk from heavier seeds of grain?
- Which type of process is being done in the given picture?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number