Between pliers and scissors, which one has mechnaical advantsge less than one?
Asked by jaiswalsindhuli717 | 23rd Sep, 2018, 03:49: PM
Both scissors and pliers belongs to the same class which is class 1 lever.
Mechanical advantage is given by,
For scissor, the lever is as follows:
Thus, from figure we can say that effort arm is less than load arm.
Thus, mechanical advantage is less than 1.
While for pliers, the figure for lever is as follows:
From the above figure, effort arm is greater than load arm.
Thus, mechanical advantage is greater than 1.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 24th Sep, 2018, 12:00: PM
- Are actual and practical machines the same? If yes then is the output energy less than the input energy?
- In chapter machines ( Class 10th ICSE) Examples for "changing the point of application of effort to a convenient point. "
- what is meant by saying that a machine is a force multiplier
- what is the resistance offered to the nut
- what is the resistance offered by nut
- what is mass of metre time which is in equilibrium
- give two reasons to show that the efficiency of a machine is less than 100%
- What is the unit of effort and load
- What is the Velocity Ratio of Class III Lever ?
- What is the Velocity ratio of Class I Lever ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number