(b) What is the minimum number of satellites that enables a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver to determine one’s longitude/latitude position, i.e., to make a 2D position fix.
Asked by Malavika Umesh | 26th Feb, 2015, 10:21: AM
A 2D position fix is locating an objects horizontal co-ordinates. It means finding out the latitude and longitude of the object and not its altitude.
This can be done with the help of three satellites.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 26th Feb, 2015, 03:03: PM
- Can you please tell me what is broadcast communication?
- Question 👇
- Optical communication using fibres is performed in the frequency range of
- The characteristic impedence of a coaxial wire line is of order
- Why do long distance radio broadcast use short wave bands?
- Briefly describe the three basic parts of communication system.
- What do you mean by analog and digital communication system?
- What do you mean by point to point communication and broadcast? Give examples.
- What do you understand by line communication and space communication? Give example.
- What do you mean by bandwidth of a signal? How much bandwidth is considered adequate for (i) speech signal (ii) music signal (iii) video and TV signals?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number