An airplane produces a sound wave with frequency of 5 KHz and wavelength 30 m. In how much time would the sound wave cover the distance of 4 Km?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 30th Dec, 2013, 12:41: AM
Frequency, ν = 5 KHz = 5000 Hz
Wavelength, λ = 30 cm = 0.3 m
Speed, v = ν λ = 0 .3 m x 5000 Hz = 1500 m/s
Time = distance/ speed = 4000/1500 = 2.6 seconds
Answered by | 30th Dec, 2013, 02:41: AM
- Difference between intensity and loudness
- Does plants affected by sound or not
- Soundwaves of wavelength X travel from a medium in which velocity is Vm/s into another medium in which if velocity is 3m/s, what is the wavelength of sound in the second medium?
- How SONAR and ultrasonic sounds are different from each other?
- Would the speed of sound on a warm day be different from the speed of sound on a cold day? If yes what would be the difference?
- Wavelength of a siren in air is 1.2m. And if same siren is blown under water it has wavelength 6 m in water. Find the velocity of sound in water, if the speed of sound in air is 330 m/s.
- Do the medium particles have permanent displacement in wave motion?
- How the frequency of wave is related to its time period?
- Draw the figure of sound wave and show its crest, trough, amplitude (A) and wavelength λ.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number