A wooden cuboid has a mass of 8 kg.The length , breadth and height of this wooden cuboid are 100 cm , 50 cm and 20cm respectively.Find the pressure on the floors on which this block is kept.
Asked by Gurbrindersohal89013 | 13th Mar, 2019, 12:15: PM
Weight of the block = 8×10 = 80N
Pressure when block placed on side 100 cm and 50 cm
P = F/A = 80/(1×0.5) = 160 Pass
Pressure when block is placed on side 50 cm and 20 cm
P= F/A = 80/(0.5×0.2) = 800 Pa
Pressure when block is placed on side 20cm and 100cm
P = F/A = 80/(0.2×1) = 400 Pa
Answered by Ankit K | 13th Mar, 2019, 12:32: PM
- 𝖉𝖊𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊
- find the greatest and least pressure which a metal block of size 5cm*10cm *15cm can exert if the mass of block is 50 kg
- A solid weighs 2.10g in air.its relative density is 8.4.how much the body will weigh in water and in a liquid of relative density 1.2.
- why does rain fall in drops and not pour all together ?
- Define thrust and pressure
- Give the units for Force, Acceleration due to gravity, Gravitational Constant and Pressure.
- Calculate the pressure exerted by a cube of side 6cm and mass 2kg kept on a table.
- Why do needles and pins have pointed tip?
- A box of mass 10 kg and dimensions 2m x 2m x 2m is kept on floor. Each of its side is reduced by half metre and its mass reduces to 6kg. Find the ratio of the pressure exerted on the floor before and after the reduction.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number