A solid weighs 2.10g in air.its relative density is 8.4.how much the body will weigh in water and in a liquid of relative density 1.2.
Asked by Thilagam165 | 9th Mar, 2019, 08:01: AM
Volume of the body = 2.1/8.4 = 0.25 cm^3
Upthrust force when body is immerse
Fu = density of water × volume immerse× acceleration due to gravity
Fu = 1× 0.25 ×g = 0.25g
Apparent mass if the body = (2.1 - 0.25)gmf = 1.85 gmf
Upthrust force when body is immerse in liquid
Fu = 1.2×0.25×g = 0.3g
Apparent mass of the body = (2.1-0.3) gmf = 1.8 gmf
Answered by Ankit K | 9th Mar, 2019, 05:12: PM
- find the greatest and least pressure which a metal block of size 5cm*10cm *15cm can exert if the mass of block is 50 kg
- A wooden cuboid has a mass of 8 kg.The length , breadth and height of this wooden cuboid are 100 cm , 50 cm and 20cm respectively.Find the pressure on the floors on which this block is kept.
- why does rain fall in drops and not pour all together ?
- Define thrust and pressure
- Give the units for Force, Acceleration due to gravity, Gravitational Constant and Pressure.
- Calculate the pressure exerted by a cube of side 6cm and mass 2kg kept on a table.
- Why do needles and pins have pointed tip?
- A box of mass 10 kg and dimensions 2m x 2m x 2m is kept on floor. Each of its side is reduced by half metre and its mass reduces to 6kg. Find the ratio of the pressure exerted on the floor before and after the reduction.
- Give two applications of pressure.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number