A proton is placed in a uniform electric field directed along the position X-axis .In which direction will it tend to move?
Asked by Rajeev | 12th May, 2015, 02:57: PM
The charge on the proton is positive.
When it is directed along the electric field, it will move along the direction of the electric field in accordance with the force equation F = qE.
Since, the electric field is directed along positive x-axis, the proton will move along the same direction.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 12th May, 2015, 03:21: PM
- An electric field E is applied between the plates a and b as shown in the figure a charge particle of mass m and charge q is projected along the direction as shown fig it's velocity v find vertical distance y covered by the partical when goes out of the electric field region
- charges of +5µc+10 μc and -10 µc are placed in air at the corners ab and c of an equilateral triangle abc having each side equal to 5 cm. determine the resultant force on the charge at a.
- three charges of 5micro coloumb are placed at the vertices of equilateral triangle of side 10cm the force on 1micro coulomb of charge at centre of triangle will be
- teach me
- In fig three point charges q,-2q are q are placed along the x axis. Show that the electric field at p along the y axis is E =(1/4×3.14×e knot)×(3qa^2/y^4),when y>>a.
- Fig shows a plastic ball of mass m suspended by a light string in a uniform field of intensity e.the ball comes in equilibrium at an angle thita .if ex and ey are the x component and y component of the electric field, find the charge on the ball and the tension in the string
- eletric field on the axis of charged ring and draw its diagram
- this one
- What is mobility
- sir infinite rod se toh uniform electirc field hogi toh dE toh zero ho jayega na ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number