A girl is wearing a pair of flat shoes . She weighs 550N . The area of contact of one shoe with the ground is 160cm² . What pressure will be exrted by the girl on the ground:
(i) If she stands on two feet?
(ii) If she stands on one foot?
Asked by Shawn | 11th Sep, 2015, 08:39: PM
The girl weighs is F = 550 N
The area of contact of one shoe with the ground is A =160 cm2 = 0.16 m2
(i) If the girl stands on two feet:
Therefore, Area, A=0.16 m2 = 0.16 m2 x 2 = 0.32 m2
(ii) If the girl stands on one foot:
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 12th Sep, 2015, 11:22: AM
- 5 applications on atmospheric pressure
- State the characteristics of liquid pressure?
- A nail has 2metre square at one end,1/100m^2 and at the other end. a force of 1000g. weight is applied on the first end calculate the pressure avthing on the wall? Value of g=10m/sec^2
- How vaccum can be created on Earth
- why does a truck have more wheels
- Why does sponge float but rubber block sinks?
- difference between force and pressure
- 1 Pascal
- how we can reduce the pressure exerted by the liqiuds on the container ?show it by some practical experiment
- wooden planks are kept under railway trucks.why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number