(a) Does the square root of the number 40 lie between the 6 and 7? Give reasons in support of your answer.
(b) Identify all whole numbers whose square root lie between 6 and 7.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(a) We know that 62 = 36 and 72 = 49.
Also, 36 < 40 < 49
Hence, the square root of the number 40 lies between the 6 and 7.
(b) The possible answers are all the whole numbers larger than 36 and smaller than 49:
37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
Thus, there are 12 whole numbers whose square root lies between 6 and 7.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- find the least number which must be subtracted from each of the following numbers so as to get a perfect square also find the square root to the perfect square so obtained 1) 402
- find the greatest 5 digit number which is a perfect square
- 151.4224 find the square root of
- what number should be added to 621 to make it perfect square.
- Simplify 0.0441 by 0.000441
- how to use estimation method//?//??? -ridhima
- Between which pair of whole numbers does the square root of 20 lie?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number