0.1 mol of a basic substance(x) requires 25cm3 of 8.0 mol/dm3 hydrochloric acid for complete neutralisatin.x could be
a.1 and 2
b.2 and 3
c.1 and 4
d.2 and 4
Asked by Divyaa | 13th Nov, 2016, 02:15: PM
The correct option is b. 2 and 3
The total moles of H+ ions can be found out as 0.025 dm3 x 0.8 mol/dm3 = 0.2 moles of H+ ions of HCl
0.2 moles of H+ ions can be neutralised by 0.1 mol of CuO or 0.1 mol of K2O as 1 mol of CuO or 1 mol of K2O require 2 mol of HCl for complete neutralisation.
CuO + 2HCl → CuCl2 + H2O
K2O + 2HCl → 2KCl + H2O
While in case of 0.1 mol of NaOH and 0.1mol of Al(OH)3, 0.1 mole and 0.3 moles of HCl is required respectively for complete neutralisation.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 13th Nov, 2016, 06:11: PM
- Name the compound used for softening hard water.
- what is the normal pH of water ?
- what is the importance of acid base indicators
- what is ph value
- what are olfactory indicators
- if 10ml of H2SO4is mixed with 10ml.of mg(OH)2 of the same concentration, what is the colour of the universal indicator
- What is ph of HCL
- 25 dgree celcius pr pure water ki pH valu 7 hai to 100 dgree celcius pr pure water ki pH valu kitni hogi?
- You have four solutions A,B,C and D. The pH of solution A is 6, B is 9, C is 12 and D is 7. Arrange the above four solutions in the increasing order of H+ ion concentration.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number