if 10ml of H2SO4is mixed with 10ml.of mg(OH)2 of the same concentration, what is the colour of the universal indicator
Asked by jayant_abraham | 4th Mar, 2020, 09:59: PM
Sulphuric acid produces two H+ ions on dissociation.
whereas, Magnesium hyroxide also produces two ions of hydroxide ion on dissociation.
When equal volume of both solutions are mixed together they form water and salt by neutralisation reaction as one is acid and other is base.
Therefore, for neutral solution universal indicator shows green colour.
Answered by Ramandeep | 5th Mar, 2020, 06:44: PM
- Name the compound used for softening hard water.
- what is the normal pH of water ?
- what is the importance of acid base indicators
- what is ph value
- what are olfactory indicators
- What is ph of HCL
- 25 dgree celcius pr pure water ki pH valu 7 hai to 100 dgree celcius pr pure water ki pH valu kitni hogi?
- You have four solutions A,B,C and D. The pH of solution A is 6, B is 9, C is 12 and D is 7. Arrange the above four solutions in the increasing order of H+ ion concentration.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number