Suppose that each of the equal areas is x units.
So areaof the smaller triangle BXY =x units.
area of the larger triangle BAC= x+x= 2x units
we are given that the line XY is paralle to the side AC of the triangle ABC.
the two triangles can be proved similar by AA rule.
triangle BXY is similar to triangle BAC,
area( triangle BXY)/ area( triangle BAC)= ratio of squares of correspondng sides
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics