In plants, haploid as well as diploid cells undergo mitosis. Hence, during the life cycle of a sexually reproducing plant, there is an alternation of generation between gametophyte and sporophyte.
- Name the dominant phase seen in the life cycle of gymnosperms.
- Name three types of life cycles shown by the plants.
- What is the difference between the life cycles of bryophytes and pteridophytes?
- What value do you learn from the life cycles of plants?
- Sporophyte is the dominant phase seen in the life cycle of gymnosperms.
- The three types of life cycles shown by the plants are haplontic, diplontic and haplodiplontic.
- In bryophytes, the gametophyte represents the dominant phase. In pteridophytes, the sporophyte represents the dominant phase
- All individuals have different ways of implementing their values and culture. Irrespective of these, all should be respected and allowed to live with dignity.
You have rated this answer /10