CBSE - X - Chemistry - Carbon and Its Compounds
1) carbon compounds are poor conductors of electricity.
2) covalent compounds are generally poor conductors of electricity.
please justify the statements
- Carbon compounds are covalent compounds. Covalent compounds are formed by sharing of electrons.
- The electrons in the outermost shell are shared by the nearmost atoms which makes them unavailable for conducting electricity.
- Also no chaged particales are formed in the solution.
- Hence, carbon compounds along with other covalent compounds are poor conductors of electricity.
- Only at high temperature, some lectrons move from valence band to conduction band. But the number of charge carriers are low, hence they are poor conductors.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10