CBSE Class 11-science Physics Potential Energy
- State the law of conservation of energy.
- An airplane with a mass of 2000 kg sinks 1000 metres moving forward a horizontal distance of 10,000 metres. What will be its new potential energy? (Take g = 10 m/s2)
- What is the source of the kinetic energy of the falling rain drop?
- Explain why the water at the foot of the waterfall is at different temperature from that at the top?
- A body is moving with the speed of 30 m/s. How high can it be lifted to gain an amount of potential energy equal to its kinetic energy. (Take g = 10 m/s2)
- A body falling from the height of 10 m rebounds from the hard surface. It loses 20% of its energy in impact. What is the height to which it would raise after the impact and where this energy goes after hitting the surface?
- Two springs have force constants k1 and k2 where k1 > k2. On which spring, more work is done if they are stretched by the same magnitude of force.
- If a block attached to a spring (whose one end is fixed) is pulled up to a distance xo and released, the amplitude of its motion cannot exceed why?
- Draw a plot of spring force versus displacement x. Hence find an expression for the P.E of an elastic spring.
- The potential energy of a spring when stretched through a distance x is 20 J. What amount of work has to be done on the same spring to stretch it through an additional distance x?
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number