CBSE Class 11-science - Problems on Probability Videos
- an urn contains 6 red and 5 blue balls.three balls are drawn at random. the probability that balls of both colours are drawn??
- there are 3 clubs A,B,C in atown with 40,50 and 60 members respectively .10 people are members of all three clubs 70are the members only in one club ,then find the number of members who have membership of exactly two clubs
- Two cards are drawn at random from a pack of 52 cards one-by-one without replacement. What is the probability of getting first card red and second card Jack?
- Find the probability that when 7 cards are drawn from a well shuffled deck of 52 cards, all the aces are obtained.
- All cards of ace, jack and queen are removed from a deck of playing cards. One card is drawn at random from the remaining cards, find the probability that the card drawn is a face card.
- An administration assistant is given three letters written for three different people. He is also given three addressed envelopes in which to put them and mail them to three people X, Y and Z. What is the probability that atleast one person out of X, Y and Z got the letter written to him.
- From the digits 0, 1, 3, 5 and 7, number greater than 5000 but of 4 digits are formed. What is the probability that the number formed is divisible by 5, if(i) The digits are repeated (ii) The digits are not repeated
- (i)A box contains 10 red marbles, 20 blue marbles and 30 green marbles. 5 marbles are drawn from the box, what is the probability that(i) all will be blue? (ii) atleast one will be green?(ii) A die has two faces each with number '1', three faces each with number '2' and one face with number '3'. If die is rolled once, determine(i) P(2) (ii) P(1 or 3) (iii) P(not 3)
- The odds in favour of an event are 3 : 5. Find the probability of occurrence of this event.
- Two persons A and B appear in an interview for two vacancies available. The chance of A's selection is and that of B's selection is . What is the chance that (i) both are selected? (ii) both are rejected? (iii) only one of them is selected? (iv) at least one of them is selected? Name two qualities for a person to possess, while appearing for an interview.
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.