The odds in favour of an event are 3 : 5. Find the probability of occurrence of this event.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 12th Aug, 2014, 11:03: AM
Answered by | 12th Aug, 2014, 01:03: PM
- Find the probability that when 7 cards are drawn from a well shuffled deck of 52 cards, all the aces are obtained.
- All cards of ace, jack and queen are removed from a deck of playing cards. One card is drawn at random from the remaining cards, find the probability that the card drawn is a face card.
- An administration assistant is given three letters written for three different people. He is also given three addressed envelopes in which to put them and mail them to three people X, Y and Z. What is the probability that atleast one person out of X, Y and Z got the letter written to him.
- From the digits 0, 1, 3, 5 and 7, number greater than 5000 but of 4 digits are formed. What is the probability that the number formed is divisible by 5, if(i) The digits are repeated (ii) The digits are not repeated
- (i)A box contains 10 red marbles, 20 blue marbles and 30 green marbles. 5 marbles are drawn from the box, what is the probability that(i) all will be blue? (ii) atleast one will be green?(ii) A die has two faces each with number '1', three faces each with number '2' and one face with number '3'. If die is rolled once, determine(i) P(2) (ii) P(1 or 3) (iii) P(not 3)
- Two persons A and B appear in an interview for two vacancies available. The chance of A's selection is and that of B's selection is . What is the chance that (i) both are selected? (ii) both are rejected? (iii) only one of them is selected? (iv) at least one of them is selected? Name two qualities for a person to possess, while appearing for an interview.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number