CBSE Class 11-science Physics Thermal Properties of Matter
2. Thermometer use a measurable property that changes with temperature.
3. In constant volume gas thermometer,
L = L0andalpha;andDelta;T, where andalpha; is the coefficient of linear expansion.
1. The specific heat capacity is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1kg of a substance by one degree.
2. SI unit is joules per kilogram per kelvin or J kg-1 K-1 and the symbol is c.
3. Calorimeter is a device used for heat measurement.
4. In an isolated system, heat lost = heat gained.
Change of Phase
Latent heat of fusion is the heat required to change unit mass of a substance from solid to liquid at the same temperature and pressure.
Transfer of Heat by Radiation
CBSE Class 11-science Revise
CBSE Class 11-science Tests
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number