CBSE Class 11-science Physics Oscillations
Simple Harmonic Motion
1. Periodic motion: The motion repeats itself.
2. The time period T is related to frequency n by, n = 1/T.
3. In Simple harmonic motion, the displacement x (t) of a particle from its equilibrium position is given by, x(t) = A cos ( andomega;t + andPhi; )
Dynamics of SHM
1. Displacement equation of the object in SHM: x(t) = xmcos(wt+andPhi;)
2. Velocity in SHM give by: v(t) = - wxmsin(wt +andPhi;)andnbsp;
3. Acceleration in SHM is given by: a(t)= w2xmcos(wt + andPhi;)
4. Restoring force on body in SHM: F(t) = -k x(t)
Illustrations of Bodies in SHMThe equation of motion, force and acceleration condition in Simple Harmonic Motion of an oscillating simple pendulum and a loaded spring.
More Examples of Bodies in SHMStudy equation of motion, force and acceleration. Condition in Simple Harmonic Motion of an oscillating simple pendulum and a loaded spring.
Damped and Forced OscillationsDamped and Forced oscillations