CBSE Class 11-science Physics Dynamics of SHM
- The displacement of particle executing simple harmonic motion is represented by y = r sin . Find the velocity and acceleration of particle in terms of displacement.
- Show that if acceleration of particle at extreme position is twice the magnitude of velocity at mean position, then time period of oscillation of particle is π s.
- A body oscillates simple harmonically according to equation y = 5 cos ( cm. What is displacement, velocity and acceleration at t = 3s.
- Two particles A and B execute simple harmonic motions given by the equations yA = 10 sin 12 and yB = 12 sin 10 Which has greater velocity at mean position?
- A particle is executing simple harmonic motion. What is phase relationship between velocity and acceleration?
- Show that for a particle in linear simple harmonic motion, the average kinetic energy over a period of oscilllation is half the total energy.
- A spring of force constant 1200 N/m is mounted on a horizontal table. A mass of 30 kg is attached to the free end of the spring, pulled side ways to a distance of 2.0 cm and released. (a) What is the frequency of oscillation of the mass? (b) What is the maximum acceleration of mass? (c) What is the maximum speed of mass?
- The amplitude of simple harmonic oscillation is doubled. How would this affect : (i) Time period (ii) Maximum velocity (iii) Acceleration at mean position, (iv) Kinetic energy at mean position?
- Plot the graph for the variation of kinetic energy, potential energy and total energy with displacement of particle executing simple harmonic motion.
- Plot the graph for the variation of kinetic energy, potential energy and total energy with time for a particle executing simple harmonic motion?
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.