x aticles are brought at ruppes (x-8)each and(x-2)some other articles are brought at ruppes(x-3)each.if the totalcost of all these articles is ruppes 76,how many articles of first kind were bought?
Asked by nikunikhil183 | 15th May, 2018, 10:56: AM
x aticles are brought at ruppes (x - 8) each
Cost of x articles is x(x - 8)
(x - 2)some other articles are brought at ruppes(x-3)each
Cost of (x - 2) articles is (x - 2)(x - 3)
Total cost of both articles = 76
x(x - 8) + (x - 2)(x - 3) = 76
It simplifies to
2x2 - 13x- 70 = 0
Using formula we get
x = 10 or x = -7/2
Hence, number of articles are 10 and (10 - 2 = 8) 8 respectively.
10 number of articles of first kind were bought.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 15th May, 2018, 11:31: AM
- a two digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. when 18 is added to the number then the digits are reversed find the two digit number
- A plane flies a distance of 1600 km at a certain speed. On the return journey, due to bad weather, as the speed was reduced by 40 km/hr it took 1 hour 20 minutes more than the onward journey. Find the speed of the onward journey.
- Bimal wishes to start a 200 metre square rectangular garden. Since he has only 50 m barbed wire, he fences three sides of the garden letting his house compound wall act as one of the longer sides of the garden. Find the dimensions of the garden.
- The perimeter of a rectangle is 60 cm. Take x as the breadth and express length in terms of x. If the area of a rectangle is 216 centimetre square, find the value of x.
- A passenger train leaves a station at 6. am followed by an express train which leaves at 6:30 am and travels 20 km faster than the passenger train. The express train arrives at a station 90 km away, fifteen minutes before the passenger train. Calculate their speeds.
- A two digit positive number is such that the product of its digit is 6. If 9 is added to the number, the digits interchange their places. Find the number.
- the speed of express of train is xkm/hr and the speed of ordinary train is 12 km\hr less than that of the express train.if the odrinary train takes one hour longer than the express train to cover a distance of 240km find the speed of express train
- In a two digit number,the unit's digit exceed its ten's digit by 2 .The product of the given number and the sum of the digit is equal to 144 .Find the number
- X articles are bought at ₹(x-8) each and (x-2) some other articles are bought at ₹(x-3)each .If the total cost of all these articles is ₹76,how many articles of first kind were bought?
- The time taken by a person to cover 150km was 2.5 hours more than the time taken in return journey .If he returned at a speed of 10km/hrs more than the speed of going,what was the speed per hour in each direction
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number