Why water is added to CaO slowly? Why we do not mix whole CaO into the water bucket?
Asked by shailusharma983 | 24th Jul, 2020, 02:41: PM
When quicklime is added to water, it forms slaked lime along with evolution of heat. There will be a rise in temperature of the bucket.
If we add whloe quick lime into water, it will produced a large amount of heat and may be turn into a accident, hence to avoid all these consequences quicklime is added to water slowly.
Answered by Ramandeep | 24th Jul, 2020, 06:56: PM
- Are the reactions in which bases are produced are always endothermic or exothermic ?
- . 2g of ferrous sulphate crystals are heated in a dry boiling tube. (i) List any two observations. (ii) Name the type of chemical reaction taking place. (iii) ‘Write the chemical equation for the reaction
- formula of calcium carbonate
- combination reaction
- What is electrolysis. Explain its procedure and usages.
- wht is decomposition reaction
- How can we classify equations into endothermic and exothermic reactions just by looking at it?
- Q. 1 A solution of substance X is used for white-washing . (i) Name the substance X and write it's formula. (ii) Write the reaction of substance X with water.
- Is Digestion a Decomposition Reaction?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number