why is it easier for a person to swim in sea water than in fresh water?
Asked by arajeevshashank | 13th Nov, 2019, 06:58: PM
It is because sea water contains more amount of salt as compared to river/fresh water as a result its density increases and hence the buoyant force increases which makes it easier to swim in sea water.
Answered by Utkarsh Lokhande | 13th Nov, 2019, 09:16: PM
- what is density?
- When a piece of cork is put into the water it starts floating on the surface of water due to the upward buoyant force from water.
- you are provided with a piece of rock and common laboratory equipments.how will you proceed to find its density.
- what are fluids?
- What is the unit of density?
- What happens if the bouyant force of liquid is equal to or greater than or less than the solid object which is to be immersed into the liquid
- what is the relationship between boyant force and displaced water
- pressure at certain depth in river water is p1.,same depth in sea water is p2.which of following is correct? a)p1=p2 b)p1>p2 c)p1<p2 d)p1-p2=atmospheric pressure
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number