Why is hydrogen not used as a fuel extensively?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Hydrogen has the highest calorific value so it can be considered as the best fuel but it is highly inflammable so it is diificult to store, transport and handle so it is used as a fuel only where it is absolutely necessary.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- CAN I KNOW THE DEFINATION OF COMBUSTION
- How to test hydrogen gas?
- Cooking is a chemical reaction. Cooking can be done using cow-dung cakes or wood or LPG cylinder or solar cooker or microwave oven. Which one do you think is the best and why?
- what is inflammable substance
- You are asked to choose a good fuel. Write four characteristics you will keep in view?
- Why is CNG said to be a clean fuel?
- What is meant by calorific value?
- What is the unit of calorific value of a fuel?
- Which fuel has highest calorific value?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number