why are polythene bags are dangerous?
Asked by Gautam | 11th Dec, 2013, 01:38: PM
- Polythene bags are dangerous because they are non-biodegradable.
- It takes thousands of years for its natural biodegradation.
- It makes the soil less fertile when thrown on land.
- When thrown in water it chokes ponds, rivers and oceans. It harms the sea life.
- If animals eat plastic, it gets stuck in their stomach. It makes them sick, because the bacteria in their stomach cannot break the plastic into smaller pieces.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 12th Dec, 2013, 06:34: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number