why are most of the covelent compound insoluble in water ?
Asked by harshit | 1st Jan, 2017, 11:04: PM
Since organic solvents are non-polar hence these compounds dissolve in non-polar covalent compounds.
So covalent compounds are insoluble in water but dissolve in organic solvents.
Answered by Vaibhav Chavan | 2nd Jan, 2017, 12:24: PM
- Why methane hash 4singl4 covalent bond
- give reasons: 1. Diamond has a high melting point 2. element carbon forms compounds mainly by covalent bonding 3. carbon compounds do not conduct electricity in molten state?
- What is cyclohexane, carbon skeleton?
- what is tetravalency
- Dear sir/madame, Can you please explain what sp hybridized mean? Thank you
- Dear sir/Madame, I have a doubt in the following picture. Please tell me which shape is correct and why. Thank you
- Question 9: How will you verify the properties of carbon dioxide
- Explain Co valent Bond
- why carbon forms strong bonds with other carbon atoms ,hydrogen ,oxygen ,nitrogen and sulphur?
- Give an example of compound containing both ionic and covalent bonds.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number