why a cotton garment cannot keep us as warm in winter as a woollen sweater does?
Asked by annusharma_2005 | 27th May, 2016, 09:50: PM
Cotton clothes are thin and do not have spaces in their fabrics through which air can be trapped to keep us warm. So cotton clothes do not prevent heat coming out of our body.Woolens create a barrier to this and allow the body heat to stay in closer to the skin.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 28th May, 2016, 07:51: PM
- what is selective breeding
- what is the process of wool
- what is the chemical natural wool
- How is wool obtained
- why do you think a cotton garment cannot keep us warm in winter as a woollen as a woollen sweater does?
- Acrylic is synthetic fibre why?
- What are burrs?
- SOLVE THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE PLEASE. THANKS
- Which regions are the leading producers of yak wool and angora wool?
- What is done after dyeing of fibre in various colours during the process of making wool?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number