While measuring the length of a pencil, one end is at 25cm and the other end at 0.92m. What is the length of the pencil in millimeters? What mistake is generally done in this question?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Calculations should be done in the same units.
Converting 0.92 m into cm, we get 0.92 m = 92 cm
Length of pencil = Reading of second end - Reading of first end
= 92 - 25
But 1cm = 10mm
So, 67cm = 670 mm
The mistake that is generally done in such questions is that the various readings are not changed in the same units.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- The ------ unit of length is meter
- What are the two main mistake which are generally made while measuring length with the wooden measuring scale?
- (i) What type of motion is performed by the needle of a sewing machine?(ii) Write any three units used in international system of measurement. Also specify what these units measure.
- What are the symbols for the units centimetre, decimetre and millimetre?
- How will you determine the thickness of one rupee coin?
- (i) A cricket bat is 11 times longer than the scale in your geometry box. If the length of the scale is 15cm, what is the length of the cricket bat? (ii) What can you tell about the motion of a raindrop when there is no wind? What if there is a wind blowing?
- A sharpener is one fourth of a pen. A pen is twice the length of an eraser. If the length of the eraser is 6 cm, what is the length of the sharpener?
- How can we measure the length of any object?
- (i) A 30 cm scale has one end broken. The mark at the broken end is 2.6 cm. How would you use it to measure the length of your pencil?(ii) Write any two precautions that are a must while measuring.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number