(i) A 30 cm scale has one end broken. The mark at the broken end is 2.6 cm. How would you use it to measure the length of your pencil?
(ii) Write any two precautions that are a must while measuring.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 11th Feb, 2014, 01:39: PM
(i) The mark at the broken end is 2.6 cm. So, we will use the scale from the next full mark i.e. 3 cm. We now measure the length of the pencil by keeping the 3 cm mark of the scale at its left end. The 3 cm value is then subtracted from the scale reading at the right side end of the pencil to obtain the correct length of the pencil.
(ii) (1) Place the scale in contact with object along its length.
(2) Your eye must be exactly in front of the point where the measurement is to be taken.
Answered by | 11th Feb, 2014, 03:39: PM
- The ------ unit of length is meter
- What are the two main mistake which are generally made while measuring length with the wooden measuring scale?
- (i) What type of motion is performed by the needle of a sewing machine?(ii) Write any three units used in international system of measurement. Also specify what these units measure.
- What are the symbols for the units centimetre, decimetre and millimetre?
- While measuring the length of a pencil, one end is at 25cm and the other end at 0.92m. What is the length of the pencil in millimeters? What mistake is generally done in this question?
- How will you determine the thickness of one rupee coin?
- (i) A cricket bat is 11 times longer than the scale in your geometry box. If the length of the scale is 15cm, what is the length of the cricket bat? (ii) What can you tell about the motion of a raindrop when there is no wind? What if there is a wind blowing?
- A sharpener is one fourth of a pen. A pen is twice the length of an eraser. If the length of the eraser is 6 cm, what is the length of the sharpener?
- How can we measure the length of any object?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number