What is the function of commutator ring in a motor?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 2nd May, 2014, 01:44: PM
Commutator rings of the coil helps to reverse the direction of current flowing through the coil after every half rotation of the coil.
Answered by | 2nd May, 2014, 03:44: PM
- List two factors on which the strength of the magnetic field lines produced by a solenoid depends.
- How can the direction of force on a current carrying conductor placed in magnetic field be reversed?
- According to the Fleming's left hand rule what does the first three fingers of the left hand positioned perpendicular to each other represents?
- On what principle does electric motor works?
- A beam of electrons is passing a magnetic field at right angles as shown in figure. What would be the direction of force and which rule would you apply to find direction of force?
- If a magnet is brought near a current carrying conductor free at one end, would the wire move?
- When is the force on a current carrying wire maximum or minimum?
- What is an electric motor?
- Why does a current carrying conductor experiences a force when it is placed in a magnetic field? State Fleming's left hand rule.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number