what is lens
Asked by shivendralodhi194194 | 26th Jan, 2021, 01:45: PM
A transparent material bound by two surfaces, of which one or both surfaces are spherical, forms a lens.
This means that a lens is bound by at least one spherical surface. If there is only one spherical surface ,
then other surface would be plane.
A lens may have two spherical surfaces, bulging outwards. Such a lens is called a double convexlens.
It is simply called a convex lens. It is thicker at the middle as compared to the edges.Convex lens converges
light rays . Hence convex lenses are called converging lenses.
Similarly, a double concave lens is bounded by two spherical surfaces,curved inwards. It is thicker at the edges
than at the middle. Such lenses diverge light rays . Such lenses are called diverging lenses. A double concave lens
is simply called a concave lens.
A lens, either a convex lens or a concave lens,has two spherical surfaces. Each of these surfaces forms a part of a sphere.
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 26th Jan, 2021, 02:27: PM
- Focal Length of lens A is +10cm & lens B is -5cm. Find combined power
- why are telescopes launched in space ? explain in brife about the hubble telescope launched in space
- drop of water bheaves like a
- power of a lens is found to be + 2.5Diopter what kind of lens is it
- power of a lens is found to be + 2.5 Diopter what kind of lens is it
- The radius of curvature of two faces of double convex lens are 10cm,15cm and its focal length is 12cm. Then determine refractive index of lens
- why does in case of hypermetropia using a convex lens doesnot affect our far view
- If a spherical lens has a power of, – 0.25 D, the focal length of this lens will be *
- a concave lens of focal length 25 cm and a convex lens of focal length 20cm are placed in contact with each other. What is the power of this combination and also find the focal length of the combination? each other. What is the power
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number