what is different between height and distance
Asked by onkarmishra074 | 17th May, 2020, 02:52: PM
Height is measured perpendicular to ground
Distance is measured parallel to ground
Answered by Arun | 18th May, 2020, 03:19: PM
- A tower stands vertically on the ground.from a point which is15 Meyer away from the foot of the tower , the angle of elevation of the top of the tower is 45 degree . what is the height of the tower?
- Two buildings face each other. The height of one building is greater than that of the other. The smaller building is 80 m high. The angles of depression of the top and the bottom of the smaller building from the top of the taller building are 45º and 60º respectively. Find the height of the taller building.
- A tree is broken by the wind. The top struck the ground at an angle of 30o and at a distance of 30 metres from the root. Find the whole height of the tree.
- John stands on the bridge and observes that the angles of depression of the banks on opposite sides of river Absyssa are 45º and 60º respectively. The bridge is at a height of 6 m from the banks. Calculate the width of the river Absyssa?
- Rodney stood 30 m away from the light house in such a way that the angle of elevation of the top of the light house from his eyes was 45º. Rodney"s height is 1.4 m. Find the height of the light house.
- The angle of elevation of the top of a tower from a point A on the ground is 30o. On moving a distance of 20 metres towards the foot of the tower to a point B the angle of elevation increases to 60o. Find the height of the tower and distance of the tower from the point A.
- The angles of depression of the top and the bottom of a building 50 metres high as observed from the top of a tower are and respectively. Find the height of the tower and also the horizontal distance between the building and the tower.
- If the length of the shadow of a pole of height is 3 m. find the angle of elevation of the sun.
- A ladder is leaning against a wall making an angle of 600 with the ground. Find the distance of the foot of the ladder from the wall if the other end is 14 m above the ground?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number