what is a polynomial
Asked by shwetarai12345678910 | 12th Oct, 2020, 06:24: AM
A polynomial is defined as an expression which is composed of variables, constants and exponents,
that are combined using the mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
[For division operation by variablea and exponents are divided by constants , no division by variables .
For example x2/2 is OK but if (2/x) is part of expression , then the expression is not polynomial ]
example :- x, x2 , x3 are monomials
example :- x + 5 , x2 + 3x + 1 , x3 + 4x2 + 7 , (x/2) + 5 are polynomials
in above expressions given as examples, x is variable . Numbers like 5, 1, 4, 7 and 2 are constants .
x2 , x3 are exponents
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 15th Oct, 2020, 11:06: AM
- A no.x is chosen at random from the numbers -3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3 the probability that x<2 is
- what is probability of getting 1 head
- A bag contain number 3 to 102 cards. one card is drawn at a random. Find the probability that it is not a perfect cube number
- An integer is chosen at random between 1 and 100. Tell me , will the total events be 100 or 98? Because in the question "between" word is used,if the word "from" is used then total events will be100. Kindly tell me the no. of total events.
- From a pack of 52 playing cards – jacks, queens, kings and aces of red colour are removed. From the remaining, a card is drawn at random. Find the probability that the card drawn is (i) a black queen (ii) a red card (iii) a face card.
- What is the probability that a number selected from the numbers 1, 2, 3 ...15 is a multiple of 4?
- In a lottery there are 10 prizes and 25 blanks. What is the probability of getting a prize?
- Cards, marked with numbers 5 to 50, are placed in a box and mixed thoroughly. A card is drawn from the box the at random. Find the probability that the number on the card taken is (i) a prime number less than 10. (ii) a number which is perfect square.
- The probability of selecting a green marble at random from a jar that contains only green, white and yellow marbles is The probability of selecting a white marble at random from the same jar is . If this jar contains 10 yellow marbles, what is the total number of marbles in the jar?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number