the spot on the screen will therefore be reflected in which direction?
Asked by abinash.gupta003 | 23rd Dec, 2017, 01:53: PM
Let the beam direction is y-axis of cartesian coordinate system as shown in figure and Magnetic field downwards( -z direction ).
Then -e( v x B) force acting on x-direction. Hence electron beam will deflect in horizontal direction towards right.
Answered by | 23rd Dec, 2017, 02:55: PM
- How the Fleming right hand rule is applied
- Show with the help of an activity that a force is exerted on the current carrying conductor when placed in a magnetic field.
- List two factors on which the strength of the magnetic field lines produced by a solenoid depends.
- How can the direction of force on a current carrying conductor placed in magnetic field be reversed?
- What is the function of commutator ring in a motor?
- According to the Fleming's left hand rule what does the first three fingers of the left hand positioned perpendicular to each other represents?
- On what principle does electric motor works?
- A beam of electrons is passing a magnetic field at right angles as shown in figure. What would be the direction of force and which rule would you apply to find direction of force?
- If a magnet is brought near a current carrying conductor free at one end, would the wire move?
- When is the force on a current carrying wire maximum or minimum?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number