some plants like banana and rose have lost their capacity to produce seeds.how do such plants propogate themselves.
i]Define the method used for propogating such plants.
ii]Mention the genetic relationship of new plants to their parents which are produced by this method.
Asked by aravind kumar | 28th Dec, 2016, 10:01: AM
- Plants like banana and rose that have lost their capacity to produce seeds can be easily propagated by the method of vegetative propagation.
- Vegetative propagation is the process of formation of new plants from detached vegetative parts or propagules such as roots, stem, leaves, etc. of the parent plant
- The new plants produced by vegetative propagation are genetically identical to the parent plants.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 28th Dec, 2016, 10:53: AM
- Explain sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- What is a PEDICEL in a hibiscus flower.
- Describe the process of double fertilisation in angiosperms.
- what is pollination
- When the pollen grain reaches the stigma of the flower, it moves down into the ovary via the pollen tube. State True or False . If false why ?
- Do sterile have seeds or not?
- Question no . 1 Hibiscus is a bisexual plant and also produce flower but not produce fruit .Why ? Second question is .. is hibiscus produce seed or not ?
- What is carpel? Write the function of its various parts
- What is the structure of a pollen grain?
- What is the chemical composition of sticky substance found on the stigma of angiospermic flower?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number