some plants like banana and rose have lost their capacity to produce seeds.how do such plants propogate themselves.
i]Define the method used for propogating such plants.
ii]Mention the genetic relationship of new plants to their parents which are produced by this method.
Asked by aravind kumar | 28th Dec, 2016, 10:01: AM
- Plants like banana and rose that have lost their capacity to produce seeds can be easily propagated by the method of vegetative propagation.
- Vegetative propagation is the process of formation of new plants from detached vegetative parts or propagules such as roots, stem, leaves, etc. of the parent plant
- The new plants produced by vegetative propagation are genetically identical to the parent plants.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 28th Dec, 2016, 10:53: AM
- Distinguish between cross-pollination and self-pollination. Mention the site and product of fertilization in a flower
- Fertilization in plants accurs in the
- Difference between dormancy and breaking of dormancy.
- what is double fertilisation?
- What are the advantages of seed formation in plants
- What is difference between monocot and dicot seeds. Draw diagram of each.
- Describe double fertilization and triple fusion in angiosperms.
- what is seed
- Explain the process double fertilization in plants with diagram ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number