When the pollen grain reaches the stigma of the flower, it moves down into the ovary via the pollen tube. State True or False . If false why ?
Asked by arindeep.singh | 1st Sep, 2020, 07:18: PM
It is a true statement. During the process of fertilization, pollen lands on the stigma, a tube grows down the style and enters the ovary. Male reproductive cells travel down the tube and join with the ovule, fertilizing it. The fertilized ovule becomes the seed, and the ovary becomes the fruit.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 2nd Sep, 2020, 11:30: AM
- what is endosperm
- Explain sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- What is a PEDICEL in a hibiscus flower.
- Describe the process of double fertilisation in angiosperms.
- what is pollination
- Do sterile have seeds or not?
- Question no . 1 Hibiscus is a bisexual plant and also produce flower but not produce fruit .Why ? Second question is .. is hibiscus produce seed or not ?
- What is carpel? Write the function of its various parts
- What is the structure of a pollen grain?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number