When the pollen grain reaches the stigma of the flower, it moves down into the ovary via the pollen tube. State True or False . If false why ?
Asked by arindeep.singh | 1st Sep, 2020, 07:18: PM
It is a true statement. During the process of fertilization, pollen lands on the stigma, a tube grows down the style and enters the ovary. Male reproductive cells travel down the tube and join with the ovule, fertilizing it. The fertilized ovule becomes the seed, and the ovary becomes the fruit.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 2nd Sep, 2020, 11:30: AM
- what is filaments
- sir/madam, how many theca are there in each lobe of an angiospermic anther? i guess there are 2 theca in each lobe. so there are 4 theca in an anther of a flower in total...am I right? how many microsporangium are there in each lobe of an angiospermic anther? i guess there are 2 in each lobe and thus 4 microsporangium in total...am I right? so are theca and microsporangium the same or microsporangium is inside the theca? does one theca only contain one microsporangium? plz i request u to answer all my question in simple language
- what is endosperm
- Explain sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- What is a PEDICEL in a hibiscus flower.
- Describe the process of double fertilisation in angiosperms.
- what is pollination
- Do sterile have seeds or not?
- Question no . 1 Hibiscus is a bisexual plant and also produce flower but not produce fruit .Why ? Second question is .. is hibiscus produce seed or not ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number