Simplify the following in to ratios:
1. Ratio of 1 kg to 400 grams
2. Ratio of 1 m to 500 cm
Asked by Topperlearning User | 19th Nov, 2013, 09:07: AM
1. We have 1 kg = 1000 grams
Therefore 1 kg to 400 grams =
So the ratio is 5 : 2.
2. We have 1 m = 100 cm
Therefore, 1 m to 500 cm =
So the ratio is 1 : 5.
Answered by | 19th Nov, 2013, 11:07: AM
- A bag contains ₹1, ₹2, and ₹5 coins in the ratio 5: 6: 7. If there are 90 coins in all, find the amount of money in the bag.
- Are these ratios equivalent?
- A fence post in Tina's garden is 4 feet tall. When she measured the fence post's shadow, she found that it was 12 feet long. A tree in Tina's yard had a shadow of 72 feet. How tall is the tree?
- Are these ratios equivalent? 7 infielders for every 5 outfielders to 13 infielders for every 10 outfielders.
- In a box of yellow and green sweets, the ratio of yellow sweets to green sweets is 3:4. If the box contains 120 green sweets, how many yellow sweets are there?
- Of the 15-year-olds at a karate school, 9 have black belts and 15 have brown belts. Among the 16-year-olds, 17 have black belts and 19 have brown belts. Which age group has a higher ratio of black belts to brown belts?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number