Q 1.(i) A 110 m long train travels at 30 km/h. how long will it take to cross a platform 90 m long?
(ii) A 120 m long train travels at the speed of 60 km/h. how long will it take to cross a platform of length 180 m?
Asked by bishtbharat869 | 23rd Aug, 2019, 07:33: AM
Length of the train = 110 m and length of the platform = 90 m
The train needs to cover a distance of 110+90 = 200 m = 0.2 km
Time = Distance/ Speed
Similarly, distance needs to be covered by a train 120m long is 300m = 0.3km at the rate of 60 km/h
Answered by Renu Varma | 23rd Aug, 2019, 10:17: AM
- A child cycles at a speed of 4 m/s how much distance will he cover in 2 minutes
- How can I convert 1.5m/s to km/h ?
- Mohan travels in an aeroplane at a distance of 1200 km for the first half of the distance the plane flies at a speed of 900 km per hour and to the rest of the distance is flies at a speed of 750 kilometre per hour how long does the Trip take
- 72 km/hr to m/s
- a car started from town P and travelled towards town Q at speed of 70km/hr at the same time a van started from town Q and travelled towards town P at speed of town Q town Q towns town
- A train 260 m long running at 72 km/h, crosses a bridge 240 m long. Find the time taken by it.
- 1. A train travels between two stations X and Y , a distance of 120 km and 80 minutes. It passes to a station Z , 1 hour after leaving X , what is the distance between Y and Z.
- Express a) 7 cm in metre and kilometre.
- How to find speed when time and distance is given Distance=34km/hr , Time=54hr
- In a flight of 2 hours, an airplane travels one third of the time at 760 KMPH and the remaining time at 800 KMPH . So what is the overall distance covered?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number