Mohan travels in an aeroplane at a distance of 1200 km for the first half of the distance the plane flies at a speed of 900 km per hour and to the rest of the distance is flies at a speed of 750 kilometre per hour how long does the Trip take
Asked by arpanmaity1205 | 27th Sep, 2020, 06:31: PM
For the first half, the speed is 900 km per hour
Half of the total distance = 600 km
To travel first 600 km, the speed is 900 km per hour
Speed = 900/60 = 15 km per minute
Time(t1) = Distance/Speed = 600/15 = 40 minutes
For the next 600 km, the speed is 750 km per hour
Speed = 750/60 = 25/2 km per minute
Time(t2) = Distance/Speed = 600/(25/2) = (600 x 2)/25 = 48 minutes
Total time taken = t2 + t1 = 40 + 48 = 88 minutes = 1 hour 28 minutes
Answered by Renu Varma | 28th Sep, 2020, 12:08: PM
- A child cycles at a speed of 4 m/s how much distance will he cover in 2 minutes
- How can I convert 1.5m/s to km/h ?
- 72 km/hr to m/s
- a car started from town P and travelled towards town Q at speed of 70km/hr at the same time a van started from town Q and travelled towards town P at speed of town Q town Q towns town
- A train 260 m long running at 72 km/h, crosses a bridge 240 m long. Find the time taken by it.
- 1. A train travels between two stations X and Y , a distance of 120 km and 80 minutes. It passes to a station Z , 1 hour after leaving X , what is the distance between Y and Z.
- Express a) 7 cm in metre and kilometre.
- How to find speed when time and distance is given Distance=34km/hr , Time=54hr
- In a flight of 2 hours, an airplane travels one third of the time at 760 KMPH and the remaining time at 800 KMPH . So what is the overall distance covered?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number