Please give a detailed answer to this question .
Asked by Varsneya Srinivas | 25th Oct, 2017, 08:51: PM
Due to total internal reflection light from point source escapes only through area A as illustrated in the first figure.
The circular area has to be calculated in spherical coordinates as shown in figure 2 by integrating the small area dA subtended by small solid angle dΩ.
Here θC is the critical angle for total internal reflection and is given by
Fraction of energy escape is the fraction of area A to the total spherical area 4πr2
Answered by | 11th Dec, 2017, 06:45: PM
- In the wave picture of light, intensity of light is determined by square of the amplitude of wave. What determines the intensity of light in the photon picture of light?
- How would you prove the dual nature of matter?
- What is the nature of matter waves?
- Why is the wave nature of particle not observable in daily life?
- Are matter waves electromagnetic in nature?
- Is a moving particle equivalent to a single wave?
- Is the de Broglie wavelength of a photon of an electromagnetic radiation equal to wavelength of a radiation?
- How do matter waves differ from a light wave as regards the velocity of the particle and the wave?
- Show that de Broglie hypothesis of matter waves is in agreement with Bohr's theory.
- The wavelength of a photon is 1.4.It collides with an electron . The wavelength of photon after the collision is 2.Calculate the energy of scattered electron.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number