oxygen is necessary for a human to live but if we take in pure oxygen then i have jeard it may harm us. why is that so?
Asked by monicaudit9 | 24th Jun, 2017, 03:25: PM
Breathing 100% or pure oxygen will be toxic to your body ,called as oxygen toxicity, at higher atmospheric pressure. Oxygen produces a highly reactive free radicals, which damage the thin alveoli membrane and proteins. Eventually, the lungs will be filled with fluids, flow of gas will slow down and one has to breathe deeply which will be painful.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 25th Jun, 2017, 07:32: AM
- How Carbon dioxide and oxygen are transported in the human body?
- Epiglottis is adsent what happen in our body
- given scientific reasons we get tired after some exercise
- Why do the walls of the trachea not collapse ‘when there is less air in it?
- why is insufficient to meet the Oxygen requirements of multi cellelar organisms like humans
- where is plueral membrane present and what is it's function?
- where is respiration take place in human body
- As in respiration 6 carbon molecule breaks into three carbon molecules with further goes into mitochondria then where does otherthree carbon molecule goes
- Full form of atp
- where are the lungs is main situated
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number