oxygen is necessary for a human to live but if we take in pure oxygen then i have jeard it may harm us. why is that so?
Asked by monicaudit9 | 24th Jun, 2017, 03:25: PM
Breathing 100% or pure oxygen will be toxic to your body ,called as oxygen toxicity, at higher atmospheric pressure. Oxygen produces a highly reactive free radicals, which damage the thin alveoli membrane and proteins. Eventually, the lungs will be filled with fluids, flow of gas will slow down and one has to breathe deeply which will be painful.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 25th Jun, 2017, 07:32: AM
- Explain the process of ATP formation.
- What is the role of rings of cartilages present in the throat?
- plasma membrane where present in
- power house of cell
- what is life process and what is the function of human body
- How energy is produced from food. Explain step-by-step.
- Solve this
- What is respiration?
- How Carbon dioxide and oxygen are transported in the human body?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number