oxygen is necessary for a human to live but if we take in pure oxygen then i have jeard it may harm us. why is that so?
 

Asked by monicaudit9 | 24th Jun, 2017, 03:25: PM

Expert Answer:

Breathing 100% or pure oxygen will be toxic to your body ,called as oxygen toxicity, at higher atmospheric pressure. Oxygen produces a highly reactive free radicals, which damage the thin alveoli membrane and proteins. Eventually, the lungs will be filled with fluids, flow of gas will slow down and one has to breathe deeply which will be painful.

Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 25th Jun, 2017, 07:32: AM