Note on lamarckiam
Asked by durvatakalkar31 | 4th Aug, 2019, 12:35: PM
Lamarck’s theory of evolution was called the Theory of Inheritance of Acquired Characters.
According to the theory of inheritance of acquired characters, “the changes in structure or function of any organ acquired during the lifetime of an individual in response to changes in the surrounding environment are inherited by offspring and keep on adding over a period of time”.
This theory states that characters are acquired by animals in two ways,
1.The effects of environment.
2.Use and disuse of body parts.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 4th Aug, 2019, 07:27: PM
- Which was the first organism on the earth?
- what is molecular phylogeny ?
- Speciation and their factor defination
- What factors could lead to the rise of a new species?
- What are the factors that help in the creation of a new species?
- Write short note on. Lamarckism
- Why Mesozoic era is called golden period of reptiles?
- Define micro evolution and speciation
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number