Name the liquid matrix of the blood. What does it contain? List any two functions of blood.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 21st Mar, 2016, 08:32: AM
Plasma is the liquid matrix of the blood.
The plasma contains proteins, salts and hormones.
Two functions of blood are:
(a)It supplies essential nutrients to cells, such as amino acids, fatty acids, and glucose.
(b)Its white blood cells have antibodies which defend us from infection and foreign bodies.
Answered by | 21st Mar, 2016, 10:32: AM
- what is ligament
- Please give a detailed diagram of areolar and adipose connective tissue with proper explanation of each component of it.
- Name the following given below: a) Outermost protective tissue b) Layer below cortex c) A bundle containing complex permanent tissue d) Tissue responsible for conduction of water (NOTE: The following picture will help)
- what is connective tissue ? explain.
- what will happen if bone is dipped in hydrochloric acid(HCI) ?
- Why is blood is called as fluid connetive tissue?
- Discuss the advantages of blood being a liquid tissue.
- Name the connective tissue performing the following functions : (a) Connects bone to bone. (b) Protects vital organs of the body. (c) Helps in repair of tissues.
- How does blood and areolar tissue differ in terms of the cells present in them?
- Differentiate between bone and blood.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number