Is there any rule for keeping ethyl and methyl group in left or right side of ethyl methyl ketone
Asked by saradamahapatra9999 | 2nd Dec, 2019, 11:38: AM
There are no such rules when you are drawing the structure of the compound, you can write any of the sides. But when you are writing IUPAC name of the compound then Ethyl will be on the left side and Methy is on the right-hand side because E comes earlier than M in alphabets.
Answered by Ravi | 2nd Dec, 2019, 12:48: PM
- 2-methylpropan-2-ol is this the iupac name of this compound CH3-C CH3 OH
- What is the full form of PAN
- What will be the structure of compouns "But-3-ene-1yne
- What are the rules of writing IUPAC names?
- Write the name and structure of an aldehyde with four carbon atoms in its molecule.
- give name
- Dear sir/madame, I just learnt that ethyl is written as CH2CH3. i) Can we write it as C2H5? if not pls explain why ii) Or can we write it as CH3CH2? if not pls explain why And for NCERT is it necessary to learn to draw the structure of ethyl? if yes, pls draw the structure for me. Thank you
- Write the IUPAC name along with the method to find it.
- (a) What is the difference in the molecular formulae and masses of any two adjacent homologues? (b) Separate the given compounds of same homologous series. Name the series. HCHO, CH3OH, C2H5CHO, C3H7OH, C2H5OH, CH3CHO
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number